Outpatient Physical Therapist Assistant
Active Recovery Physical Therapy & Sports Rehab is in need of a Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant. The mission of Active Recovery Physical Therapy & Sports Rehab is to provide hometown, patient-centered, quality care that empowers our patients and athletes to achieve their highest levels of function in pursuit of their personal health and wellness goals. Our mission is to be a positive example of our profession and the larger medical community through our commitment to education, both of ourselves and of our patients as their own best advocates.
As such, we’re looking for a compassionate, forward-thinking Physical Therapist Assistant who excels at assessing patients’ strengths and weaknesses and effectively and creatively implementing a plan of care based on patient presentation and progress. We are highly invested in the success and health of our community and pride ourselves in creating a high-energy, positive-thinking environment that offers our patients gentle encouragement to achieve their goals. If you love motivating people and helping ease their pain while pushing yourself to learn, problem solve, and grow as part of a team, we’re interested in talking with you.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Meet with new patients and give them tours of our facility
- Implement plan of care based on ongoing assessment of patient presentation and progress
- Communicate and coordinate with patients’ physicians and other health care providers (chiropractor, massage therapy, etc.) to ensure a consistent level of care
- Coordinate with other staff clinicians in progress of patient’s care and to problem solve on cases as needed in best interest of the patient
- Advocate for the Physical Therapy profession, promoting community education regarding direct access, early access, and prevention
- Evaluate and report on patients’ progress on a regular basis
- Uphold fair and accurate billing practices, reporting in a timely manner
- Comply with federal and state physical therapy regulations
- Cooperation with basic housekeeping duties, including vacuuming, garbage, etc.
- Cooperation with basic office tasks, such as scanning, shredding, etc.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2+ years professional PTA experience; preferred emphasis in outpatient ortho
- Valid Michigan Physical Therapist Assistant license
- Excellent work ethic and dedication to patient success
- Basic computer skills
- CPR and first aid certification required
Job Type: negotiable, flexible hours
Setting: private practice, outpatient orthopedics
Learn more about us: