Munson Healthcare Charlevoix Hospital (formerly “Charlevoix Area Hospital”) has been caring for our area’s residents, visitors, and vacationers for more than 90 years. Much has changed during that time – advances in medical research, new technology, antibiotics and therapeutic drugs, diagnostic procedures, and treatment we could never have imagined.
Throughout the years, our facility has changed too, moving from its historic home to its present-day campus on the shores of Lake Michigan, expanding to meet the needs of a growing population, introducing new equipment and services, and continually improving skills and expertise.
Today, our hospital is recognized as one of Michigan’s most progressive community hospitals. Becoming fully integrated with Munson Healthcare has enabled us to expand our services, while keeping the hometown care and compassion our communities have come to appreciate. Our staff, always noted for their gentle care and personal touch, includes highly trained professionals and their dedicated practitioners representing many disciplines and fields of medicine.
– Diagnostic Services including Imaging and a well-equipped hospital
lab Medical and Surgical Services from routine appendectomies to
complex joint replacements, cancer care to cardiac treatment
– Chemotherapy and Infusion Therapy Services in a beautifully renovated section of the hospital which overlooks the healing waters of Lake Michigan
– Emergency Services 24 hours a day, seven days a week Urgent Care
Center located in the hospital’s emergency department
– Maternity Services including fully equipped labor/delivery/recovery rooms
– Rehabilitative Services in convenient locations at Charlevoix Area
Hospital, Boyne Rehabilitation Center, Jordan Valley Rehabilitation
Center, Beaver Island Rehabilitation Center, Charlevoix Community
Pool and East Jordan Community Pool, including physical therapy,
cardiac and cardiovascular rehab, occupational therapy, speech
therapy and swing beds
– Sleep Center where we are successfully diagnosing and treating people who have a sleep disorder, whether it
be physical, biological, or psychological
– Support Services including
registered nurses and nurse assistants, licensed pharmacists and
pharmacy technicians, social services and a staff of medical records
– Community Health Services including events, speakers and
classes designed to improve the health and well-being of our
community’s residents, school nurse program and monthly low-cost
Our physician specialties include cardiology, family practice, general surgery, infectious disease, internal medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, oncology, ophthalmology, orthopaedic surgery, otolaryngology, pathology, pediatrics, radiology, neurosurgery, plastic surgery and sleep medicine.
Whether you’re a visitor to our community, considering a move to the area, or already an established resident, it’s important to know quality medical services are RIGHT HERE, ready to provide you with world-class healthcare and hometown caring.